Remove The Door Panel On A Civic
How to remove the door panel on a Honda Civic? The door panel removal procedure for Honda automobiles is detailed in this tutorial.
What you’ll require?
- Door Panel for Honda (Order on eBay).
- Kit for removing dash trim
Remove Door Panel Honda Civic Procedure
If you want to remove the door panel on a Honda Civic just follow the steps below:
- Unlock the door. Behind the door, the pull is a screw that needs to be removed. There is a little cover on more recent versions that need to be off first.
- The door handle screw should be removed. Pull the door handle apart. So try the plastic cover. Then get rid of the Phillips screw. To access the panel screw on some models, you may need to first remove the window switch.
- Using a flathead screwdriver or dash removal tool, remove the window switch also.
- Cut the power to the connectors.
- So remove the triangle-shaped piece of plastic by the side mirror. Some vehicles don’t come with a plastic triangle, such as this Honda Civic from the 9th generation.
- To pry away the door panel at the bottom corners, use a flat screwdriver. Take the door panel off.
- Finally, you are done now. Honda Civic door panel removed.
The procedures may be in use to remove it Honda Accord, Odyessy, CR-V, Insight, and Pilot even if the images and videos on this page are from a 2015 Honda Civic because all of those vehicles have a similar configuration.
The purpose of this automobile “how-to” manual is to help owners of the 8th generation Honda Civic (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, & 2011) remove the front door panel to reach the speaker or power window motor & regulator.
These instructions may also be useful for owners of other Honda or Acura vehicles, including the Accord, Crosstour, CR-V, CR-Z, Element, Fit, Insight, Odyssey, Pilot, Ridgeline, RL, TL, TSX, ZDX, MDX, and RDX.
So to install sound insulation like Dynamat, replace the door speaker with an improved model, or fix a broken power window motor/regulator assembly, you might need to remove the panel.
Only a Phillips head screwdriver, a flathead screwdriver, or an automotive panel removal tool is in your hand to remove the door panel. Finally, we hope that now you know how to remove the panels on a Civic vehicle!